| College Mission
Since its establishment, Madenat al-Elm University College pursued a fundamental goal of creating an excellent academic learning environment, that can contribute positively to the enhancement and development of the Iraqi community. Therefore, and in order to achieve that goal the College adopted many approaches and preparations including but not limited to the followings:
1 – Every possible effort was spent to make the College premises an attraction point to highly qualified teaching and research staff from inside and outside Iraq, especially those Iraqi academic expatriates who were forced by the hard post war conditions to flee the country.
2 – A basic principle of openness was adopted, which encourages exchanging experience with others and seizing every opportunity to benefit from their accomplishments, which they spent years of hard work to achieve. Hence, the competent officials of the College continue to open more channels of interactive communications and partnership with established experts from local and world renowned Universities, Colleges, and other Institutions of higher learning. These cooperative efforts are essential to meet the increasing demands and challenges in the modern world of technological and scientific fast advances.
3 – An elegant campus located at the northern outskirt of Baghdad, was specially designed and built to enclose the College facilities which includes:
– Several specialized laboratories, covering all the College given courses, furnished with advanced equipment, material, and training tools. These complimented by the use of some professional establishments laboratories out of campus by special arrangement provide a very strong applied learning experience.
– All the teaching classrooms are provided with the most advanced teaching aids including traditional and electronic blackboards and data shows, in addition to central air-conditioning and lighting control.
– A well-organized library with adequate printed and electronic up to date references for the faculty and students to use at their convenience.
– Many athletic yards and recreation facilities enabling students to engage in a wide range of past time and competitive sports that enhances their social interaction and enriches their University experience.
– An in-campus mosque allowing students and staff to practice their daily rituals and congregate to renew their faith and continued commitment to higher values.
The college offers advanced programs of study leading to B.Sc. degrees in various administrative, engineering, and basic sciences fields. The programs are designed to meet the needs of the students and address the country’s workplace demand. Hence, graduates will be well prepared to join the professional work force directly and be able to participate effectively in the development and progress of their community. The curriculum is structured to mirror the corresponding programs of the state run Universities as required by the “ Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research ” regulations.
Another strategy adopted by the college is to develop cooperation and twining agreements with other local and foreign universities to enable the interested college graduates to pursue further higher degrees’ studies leading to M.Sc. or Ph.D.
The college commits itself to assist needy students by providing financial aid in the form of tuition fees reduction or complete waiver, in addition to offering a number of grants to distinguished students to join postgraduate programs for higher degrees inside and outside Iraq. About 500 students have benefited from the college financial aid so far.
Moreover, and beside the academic programs at all department, the college offers many out of class activities aimed at strengthening the personality and social communications skills of the students. Special emphasis is given towards increasing the individual’s capability to carry out his professional duties in his specialization and become an effective member within his community. Many activities are performed to increase the awareness of the students of various humanitarian and environmental issues and encouraging them to voluntarily participate in communal services such as blood donation.